Why dental crowns are used
Well, not the crown you think! Unlike those in monarchial settings, dental crowns are used in dentistry to restore the function and aesthetics of a tooth that has lost a significant amount of structure.
There are several reasons our doctors may present a crown as the right restorative option for you:
- To protect a weak tooth or teeth.
- To restore a previously-broken or damaged tooth.
- To support/cover a tooth with a large filling, when most of the tooth is gone.
- To cover a dental implant.
- To make cosmetic modifications.
There are various types of dental crowns available:
- Stainless steel
What is involved in preparing for a crown?
Excellent oral hygiene is required before the placement of your dental crown. If you have not been to our office for your regular hygiene visit, we will schedule you in for a visit before the procedure. Our doctors will advise what oral hygiene steps are required prior to commencing treatment.
If you have any questions about a dental crown or think you may be a good candidate for one, call us to book an appointment, today! (403) 562-2236.